Trae Bertrand has been practicing both civil and criminal law for over 15 years in Missouri and Illinois and has tried multiple cases before juries throughout southeast Missouri. He maintains a general practice with an emphasis in the areas of personal injury litigation, business litigation, criminal defense, estate planning, and family law.
Trae is from Cape Girardeau, Missouri. He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau in 2001. He graduated again from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004 with a Master’s in Business Administration. He received his law degree from The University of Tulsa College of Law in 2005.
Trae is a member of The Missouri Bar, Illinois State Bar Association, and Cape Girardeau County Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in both state and federal court. Trae is a former member of the Board of Governors of the Young Lawyers’ Section of The Missouri Bar, where he represented lawyers throughout southeast Missouri.
Trae married his wife, Rachel Hessenkemper, in September of 2007, and they have four daughters. He and his wife are members of LaCroix United Methodist Church.
Trae has been active in his local community for several years. His service to the community includes:
- Cape Girardeau Planning and Zoning Board (2006- 2019) (Chairman 2012-2014)
- Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce
- Perryville Area Chamber of Commerce
- United Way Board Member (2012- present)
- Old Town Cape Committee Member
- Cape Girardeau Jaycees (President 2007-2010)
- Cape Girardeau Noon Lions Club (President 2018-2019)
- Cape Girardeau Order of The Elks
- Missouri Bar Association
- Cape Girardeau County Bar Association